Bitmap Font Builder
What is Bitmap Font Builder?
Bitmap Font Builder is an application that makes it easy to create bitmaps for use in OpenGL and DirectX applications.
- Saves font texture in 8-bit TGA, 24-bit TGA, 32-bit TGA, RAW or BMP format
- Automatic font sizing
- Automatic texture sizing – pick your font sizes and the texture will automatically be resized to fit that font.
- Character justification settings
- Grid color adjust
- Option to save character widths to binary or INI file
- Option to save character ABC Widths to binary file
- Copy texture image to Windows’ clipboard
What does Bitmap Font Builder NOT do?
Bitmap Font Builder DOES NOT allow you to edit Windows TrueType fonts. Check out High-Logic’s Font Creator if that’s what you’re trying to do.
While you’re there, tell them Thom Wetzel sent you — maybe they’ll send me a free copy one of these days for sending them all this freaking traffic *hint* *hint* High-logic! I want to thank Erwin at High-Logic for hooking me up with free licenses for his FontCreator and MainType products. Thanks Erwin!
Enjoy the program!
Please contact me if you have any comments or suggestions regarding this program, of if your site features BFB-related info!